Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sewing 101

My little guy is all hands on. He discovered in my closet a huge bag of left over fabric when I made the boys blankets for Christmas. Logan told me he wanted to do some needling. He wanted to sew the squares together by hand. I told him hand sewing would take him a real long time. So, we went to set up my sewing machine. I have a little mini machine but Logan wasn't able to find it down stair room. It's a disaster down there. I wouldn't even go down there.

Logan did a great job on the sewing machine. I have noticed that boys aren't afraid of the sewing machine and more likely to sew sooner than girls. Girls tend to be more afraid of the sewing machine. Logan jumped right on and got busy. I sat right behind him to make sure he didn't hurt himself.

Logan is planning on working on his quilt a little bit everyday. He calls his blanket "hot and cold"! He actually did a really good job for only being 5 years old.

The little guy is my little crafter. He's always off creating and making stuff. Very hands on!



 

No comments: