Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ten on Tue

Please note, blogger isn't working right. Sorry, about the huge spacing. I have tried to fix the problem but it wouldn't correct itself. Sorry, I hate this blog sometimes.

Random thoughts about our past week. I'm going to be a little bit all over the place so bear with me. Anyhoo, here we go!

1. My first 5k for the year, turned out be great! I managed to come in 3rd place for my age group (total of 24). I had my fastest time since 2009. I'm going to try to bet my time by the end of the summer. I'm hoping to PR under 27 minutes!


































2. Leroy attend the Cancer Challenge Trap Shooting event and brought home some really yummy Louisiana Crawfish Boil. Yes, I did try a Crawfish and wasn't to bad tasting it's very similar to Shrimp.

3. Pea Ridge Military Park...Landon and Wyatt needed to visit a historic site to pass of one of their merit badges. So, we headed over to the park and decided to make into a whole day event. We checked out the visitor center and watched the movies about the battle that took place at Pea Ridge. The park ranger gave the boys a little demo about the cannons used in the battle. Landon is holding a real cannon ball that was used in the battle of Pea Ridge. Very cool plus the kids were surprised how heavy it weighed!























4. We decided to take a bike ride around the park. I didn't realize how hot and humid it would be outside by the time we started the bike ride. The boys decided to stop half way around and pick Blackberries. Hopefully, no one got into poison ivy...lol!



















5. Two hours later and seven miles behind us we managed to finished the bike ride. I'm so proud of my boys. It wasn't easy but so worth it at the end. Look at the kids faces! All smiles except for Logan. He really struggled with the ride. At the end, he decided he was tried of being last in line. So, he took off on his bike and finished first but he had a car right behind him and he didn't realize it. All the boys were yelling at him to pull over but he didn't care. He wanted to be in first place.
















6. The boys also finished the Jr. Park Rangers Program plus the Seven Mile Bike Ride!

7. On a funny note...Landon kept asking who were the good guys? The union or confederates...they don't call the confederates "Rebels" for no reason.

8. On the same day...we decided to have a special FHE with two other families. Two other boys from Landon's Cub Scout troop needed to sign off on their flag ceremony badge. You would of thought bike riding seven miles in 100 degree weather would wear them out but it didn't.

9. We had a special flag ceremony/fhe lesson on 4th of July/Birthday Party at the church! We had so much fun...we played kicked ball, lots of yummy food, plus I was so proud of my boys doing the flag ceremony.

1o. Each boy took turns holding the flag and leading the color guard. Even Devin had to have a turn holding the flag. Landon had to get up in front of everyone and lead the ceremony. Plus during FHE, Logan raised his hand and gave the opening prayer. I'm so proud of both of my boys.

11. Now, we're headed off to go to MO up to the river. Play all day long in the water.

No comments: