Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ten On Wednesday

1. Spent the past weekend at Time Out For Women with a wonderful group of friends. I haven't spent the next away from the kiddo's and my hubby in a long time. A girl's weekend away was just want the doctor order. I almost peed my pants from laughing so much on the ride over to OKC. My batteries are recharged and new friendships were made. Life is good!

2. After the conference was over, we decided to head over to the Oklahoma Memorial to pay our respects to those that were injured/killed from the bombing. I'm planning on taking the kids back sometime this summer, so they will be able to pay their respects as well. If you haven't been, it's definitely worth going to.

3. Yes, you might of heard but my IT Band/knee is acting up again. We started off on our Sat. day run only running 3 miles but we managed to squeeze in 6 miles. I felt really good until the last mile and I'm really sorry that I pushed myself to hard. I'm going back to only running 5k or 4 miles or less.

4. Important note, for my running friends...if running in a new area make sure to check out roads and running trails. We started off running from the hotel and didn't have a clue where to start running. We decided to make a right and head down the street. We didn't know where to go but we were worried about getting hit by a car. So, we decided to run around in a trailer park. I know...not the greatest idea. So, half way around the park this half naked guy jumped out of nowhere which freaked out my running partner. She took off running super fast. I could hardly keep up with her. I finally caught up to her and told her to slow down that the guy was coming after us. We decided to head back to the hotel but we wanted to finish up at 3 miles. So, we started to run past the hotel and to our left side we discovered a walking trail that went along the riverfront. So, we decided to try out the trail and we ran another three miles like I said turned out to be a mistake. Now, my knee is killing me, again. So, the moral of the story is to scout out the area before running in a new area. We could of avoided the whole trailer park incident and had a nice peaceful run along the river front.

5. Upon returning home, I decided to give the house a complete scrub down. The house is nice and clean. I'm not sure how long it will last. I'm babysitting the neighbor kids for the weekend. They're going on adult only camping trip no kids allowed. I'm sure the house will be a wreck by the end of the weekend.

6. Landon is still playing baseball. I decided that baseball is way too stressful for ME! I can't take it. It's so painful watching Landon playing his position out in field or batting. I'm sending Leroy to the next game. Good thing, I brought my knitting. It's a great stress reliever. I almost managed to knit one whole dishrag. Nerves...at least, I wasn't chewing my nails.

7. My neighbor told me that she has squirrel legs in her freezer. She told me that squirrel and dumplings is really good. I'm not sure how I kept a straight face but my new neighbor is from East Texas and she's always telling me the strangest things. I didn't realize Texas is so different from Arkansas. I'm really hoping she doesn't bring any over to try.

8. I also signed up for Thrive food storage. I haven't had much luck in food storage but I decided to give it a try. All of the food is freeze dried and the surprising part is it taste pretty good. I will post a review, once I order my first order.

9. I'm also getting back into digital scrap booking. I gave up on it a couple of years ago but I decided to give it another try. I'm using a new program called Heritage Makers. I'm hoping to get caught up and hopefully, get our family memories written down and recorded.

10. I'm also working on 100 push ups and 150 dips in less than six weeks. My arms and shoulders are starting to really good. I'm trying so hard to get into shape it's almost swimsuit season.

Well, that's all...I'm going to work on typing up my list of ten from now on!

No comments: