Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Reach Another Goal


I started off this year, with a new committment to read the Book of Morman in 60 days. I decided to meet the challenge set by my Relief Society president. She gave us this great resource which I didn't know about called LDS Scripture tools. You plug in your information and it gives you a personalize scripture reading plan. You just have to print off your plan and you check off each box when finish the day's reading assignment. Well, I read the BofM in 60 days. I'm happy to announce that I just finish reading the Doctrine and Covenants in 60 days as well. My next plan is to read the New Testament in 60 days which isn't going to be easy because I will be on vacation so it's going to take an extra effort on my part. Reading the scriptures has always been a huge challenge for me. I don't really enjoy it nor understand it all the time but I know it's affecting my life. I'm drawing closer to the Lord, I have the spirit with me more often, and I'm a better wife, mother, and person. So, if you would like to join me please do so...I can't seem to remember the last time I read the New Testament. It was probably back in Early Morning Seminary.

No comments: