Saturday, April 17, 2010
The Bentonville Firefighters decided to host this race to raise money for a statue to be place in front of the fire house. At first the lady told me it would cost $75 for all three of us to run. I was like no way...I wouldn't have the kids run. Well, the lady talk to someone else and decided to make kids under 10 FREE! Yes, it only cost us $25 for the whole family to run.
Landon hasn't done any training for the race except for going to gym class once a week and attending gymnastics. I was worried about him but he did great.
Landon and I took off at a good pace. Landon wanted to take off super fast but I kept holding him back. I was really worried he would burn out before finishing the race. Well, we managed to run the whole course without stopping. Okay...we did walk a little bit around the second mile due to Landon being out of breath. We finish the race strong. We were side by side but I managed to pull in front of Landon at the finish line.
Lara 5k 29:55-not my best time but I was running with Landon.
Landon 5k 30:30-This was Landon's best time...He took two minutes off his best time.
Leroy and the kids were waiting for us at the finish line. I was so surprised to see one of my running friends at the finish line cheering us on. She decided to stop on her way home from her morning run and cheer us on.
After the race...the fireman cooks a really nice breakfast and they had a raffle. Landon was able to go up to the front and help with the drawing the raffle tickets. Logan and Landon came away with their own knife sets.
Sorry...the pictures are not in order. I look really bad while running but Landon of course looks cute.
Friday, April 16, 2010
1. Copy and Paste the award on your blog.
2. Tell who gave you the award and link to that person's blog.
3. List 10 things that make you happy.
4. Pass the award on to other bloggers and visit their blog to let them know about the award.
Things that make me happy...
1) Fitting into my skinny jeans:)
2) Running with friends
3) A good book
4) Following the Commandments
5) Giving my kids kisses
6) Reading books to my kids
7) Sewing projects
9) Ice cream-all things in moderation
10) Spending time outdoors with the family
Here's a couple of blogs that I love to read...
Letters Numbers and Books Oh My!
The Family Home Evening Spot
Diary of a Stay At Home Mom
ABC and 123
Make it and Love it
I don't have a lot of time but here are a few blogs I love to visit.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Two months of planning, sewing, and re-doing sewing! My shower curtian is finally done. Doesn't it look awesome. I was really nervous about using groments but they were literally a snap to put on. I hate my current curtain rod. As soon as I can find a different one...I will be switching it out. Troquis is the new hot color for 2010! I'm going to have to repaint the bathroom to help tie the new curtain. I have a ton of scraps leftover and I'm going to fix up some fancy towels with the leftover material. I'm even try out some of my painting skills and design some hummingbird pictures to go with the them.
I told the boys if they pee on the curtain they're dead meat. Logan told me to make sure I don't pee on it either...lol!
So, what do you think? Do you like it?
2. I'm done with my shower curtain. It's light turquoise color with hummingbirds all over it. My friend from church help me...no way I could of done it on my own. It's great to have friends that have cool sewing skills.
3. I gained some pounds over the Easter holiday. I have lost close to four pounds in less than two weeks. I'm back to using Chalean Extreme and running. If you want to lose some weight...I highly recommend C.E. program.
4. I'm working on repainting the living room and hallway. The kids have done a great job marking up all the walls.
5. The kids have their first gymnastic fun meet this Saturday. I can't wait to see them perform.
6. The weekend before...I spent it up in Chicago with my Sister Amy. I can't believe, I didn't do this sooner. I need to get away more often.
7. On a funny note...Leah and Logan were busy painting. Leah kept calling her paintbrush a toothbrush. She kept asking Logan to wash her toothbrush for her. Kids say the funniest things.
8. Well...that's all I can remember. I'm way too busy but it's okay it keeps things interesting.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Friday, April 9, 2010
Sunday, April 4, 2010
My favorite holiday class party is Easter. I just love this holiday focusing on the Savior plus mixing it up with a little bit of fun. Earlier this week, the kids in Logan's preschool brought hard boiled eggs to dye in class. Logan's teacher saved the eggs for the big Easter Egg Hunt. The mom's arrived early to hide all of the eggs on the playground for the kids to fun.
The kids had so much fun hunting for all the eggs. They were only allowed to pick up two eggs at a time. I caught Leah with a armful and made her put them done. She managed to put down the extra eggs while running to the basket to drop off the first two eggs while looking back at the eggs she placed them on the ground. She was super worried that someone else would find the eggs and put them in the basket. After, the eggs were gathered. They lined up all the kids and had them walk around the church while all the mom's hide the eggs again for a second time. The kids went crazy. No crying and everyone was able to find eggs.
After the egg hunt, the kids went back inside for some yummy snacks and drinks. I decided to make my famous Easter Bunny Cookies. I had the hardest time with the frosting...it was really warm in my kitchen and I had such a hard decorating those cookies. The kids loved them. Another hit at school and I drop off the rest of the cookies with my sisters that I visit teach.
At the end of the party, the kids were able to bring home their own Easter Bunny Baskets that they made out of old milk jugs to bring home their eggs from the hunt. Logan's teacher told the kids not to eat the eggs because they were at room temp while they were dying the eggs. Well, that didn't stop Logan from eating them all. Guess what? He didn't come down sick. Overall, another great Easter celebration at Logan's Preschool.
Watch this video...Who knew that Hunting for Easter Eggs could be dangerous!