I know they say you can’t go home again
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
I know they say you can’t go home again
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
me: Leah, how did you get so smart?
Leah: I grew up!
Pretty funny statement from a three year old!
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
2. I have way too many projects at the moment. I'm feeling really disgusted with myself. All of these half finished projects is just depressing. The bench I was trying to build has turned into a complete disaster. No way...I can finish it by myself. I'm going to have Leroy help me with it. I didn't cut out all the pieces perfectly. I measured everything but I still seemed to get it all wrong maybe woodworking isn't my thing. Oh well...I tried.
3. I'm still trying to get my trip planned out. I'm leaving next Thursday but I still haven't book my flight. The big dilemna is whether to spend the day in Chicago or go to Wisconsin Dells. Give me your feedback...Spend the day in the city or go to an indoor waterpark in the Dells? I need ideas? Remember...NO KIDS OR HUBBY!
4. The weather is still crazy. One day it's freez'n cold but it doesn't take long it's warm again. I want SPRING...it wasn't fun running in cold weather.
5. I did managed to run in another half marathon. Earlier in the week, it was nice and warm but the weather decided to turn on us. It went from nice and warm to freezing cold and rainy. I was really worried about it raining during the race. It makes it really hard to plan on what to wear? The last thing...you want is to be too hot or too cold while running. I said a prayer hoping the rain would be gone by morning time. The rain decided to hope off in the morning but it was still cold. I managed to run in a t-shirt and running tights. The weather wasn't too bad but at the end of the run the wind pick up and it was lightly mistying. Brrrrr!!! Cold weather isn't fun but the race was AWESOME.
6. I did feel like I cheated myself out of a really good running time. I didn't prepare or train for this race. I just started to get back into running a couple of weeks ago. I still managed a decent time for not training but I still kicking myself for not committing to this race earlier in the year. I just keep thinking to myself. I could of done a lot better. My time was around 2:30:00 my pace was 11:27 per mile.
7. Here's a video from the race...watch it! I can't seem to post it directly on my blog...just click on the link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uSVChtjc7c
10. Also...my two littles that are still at home during have a love hate affair with each other. One minute their best friends and worst enemies. Logan was mad at Leah and decided to hit her in the face with a croquet stick and nailed her in the face. She's okay but has a busted up lip but they made up and are best friends again.
11. One more thing about my kids. In the morning...most kids like to sit around and watch cartoons. Shoot, I did that myself not my kids. They have spent this whole morning working on puzzles, looking at books, and coloring. I love the fact...I have taken the time to teach them to entertain themselves. It's a great feel'n.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Friday, March 12, 2010
Landon's teacher put together the cutest video of Landon's class for the school assembly. It was so sweet...I even got a little teary. Well, I don't have a copy of the video or I would of shared it with all of you. The teacher has to get permission from the guy that made the movie. As soon as I get a copy, I will post it.
I was a little late getting the video recording. Landon had to stand up in front of the whole student body and had everyone stand up to say the pledge of allegiance. I was really worried about him. He can be so shy. He did it and did a great job. My little boy is growing up fast.
After, the class assembly they had a donut class party. After, the party I took Leah to the potty. Logan was standing by himself in the foyer. Well, it wasn't long before a teacher found Logan in the foyer and was asking him all kinds of questions about why he wasn't in class. The little guy didn't know what to say...his so shy. He just stood there looking at the floor. A few minutes later, we came out of the bathroom and rescued him from the teacher. Logan was about to be hulled off to Kindergarten.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
1. 531 pages done...in less than 60 days. I accept the relief Society challenge to read the BofM in less than 60 days. This is the first time...I have ever read the BofM in such a short time frame. Also, I hadn't done any type of personal scripture study in years. I tried several times last year but would slip up and forgot to read. I'm really proud of myself for reaching this goal. My next goal is going to be to read the D & C in less than 60 days which should be a lot easier than the BofM.
2. I'm running in my second half marathon this Saturday. No, I'm not fully prepared. I just started to run again after taking off for the winter due to foot injuries. I did managed to run 10 miles last weekend and I felt really goof but super sore the next day. I'm not expecting to beat my time from last time. I'm running with a good friend...it will be her first half marathon. I'm going to be running slow with her and we are just hoping to cross the finish line.
3. I'm finally back into the sewing mode. I'm currently making taggie blankets, t-shirt dresses, burp rags, and hoping to make a couple of bibs.
4. I also bought this really cute fabric with red hummingbirds on it. I'm going to use the fabric to make a new shower curtian for the boys bathroom.
5. I have to take the camper into the rv dealership to get the lift fix. Leroy's going to take the kids to Roaring River for fishing and camping. I will not be joining them because I will be in Chicago visiting with family and friends.
6. Last week, we got hit with the stomach bug. Not fun at all!
7. I'm still taking my classes to become a master naturalist. I'm really enjoying being back at school.
8. Leroy took the kids to Pea Ridge Miltaray park for a civil war reenactment. The kids had fun watching them fire off their cannons.
9. The weather has finally warmed up again. Spring is almost here!
10. I also tried a new recipe called Meat and Potato casserole. It's super yummy. I have it listed on my cooking blog if you want to try it out.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Ms. Euncie demonstrated how to make these really cute taggie blankets. Luckily, we were able to get one made up before the puking Began.
Here is my first attempt. I made a couple of mistakes. I wouldn't go into details but I tried and again. My second attempt came out prefect with zero mistakes.
If you want to make your own, for instructions,click here !