Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

BRRRRRRR

This is where you will find me, on Saturday mornings with my cardio group. I'm part of a free running group which is open to anyone and everyone. Every Saturday, we meet up and run together wether it's hot or extremely cold. BRRRRR....It's only 24 degrees outside.

Look cloesly at hte picture...I'm one of the few ladies who doesn't have a some type of ear covering. I still couldn't believe how fast the weather can change around here. I decided no more cold ears for me. Why not try to knit up a headband. I was really jealous of all of my friends headbands. Nothing like running with numb ears. So, if you scroll down you will find the pattern and pictures of the finally project.

Plus, I'm going to knit up a couple more headband to give away as xmas gifts for my running friends.

b

Alpaca Headband


Yarn: Yarn Bee-med weighted Alpaca/acrylic yarn-color: Damson


Amount: 40 yards


Gauge: 3.5 stitches per inch on size 11 needles


Finished Dimension: 2.75 x 18 inches (will fit up to 23 inch cicumference when worn as pictured above)


Pleas note: I used size 11 needles but next time I'm planning on using size 10.


Cast on 13 stitches


Work back and forth in knit stitch-slip the last stitch in each row knitwise to produce a nice edge.


work until approximate length.


Bind off.


I used the mattress seem method to connect the two ends.

No comments: