Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teacher Appreciation gifts

Let me just say, I feel like the worst homeroom mom at the moment. I completely forgot that it was teacher appreciation week for the boy's school. Hello, I'm the room mom and I didn't plan anything special to do for Landon's teacher. I know teacher's are stressed and busy grading papers. I feel like the most I could is come up with something to show our appreciation.

I decided with the week half way over that it would be best to keep things as simple as possible. I have Enrichment this week plus other things going on in my life. I wanted to go to the school and have all the kids take part in making a tied fleece blanket to give to the teacher but I'm short on time. So, the next best things is come up with some homemade gifts.

First things first, I found this cute label that says "I'm a little STRESSED right now...(just turn around and leave quietly and no one gets hurt.)" I decided to go with a garden theme kinda...it's last minute. The kids attached flowers of sticks with a small label that says "A teacher helps a child grow". We attached them on a packaged of Hawaiian Isles Kona Coffee Co. Thanks, William for the coffee...No, I don't drink coffee but I'm not going to take someone agency away. If teachers want to drink it then go for it.

I just finished knitting a couple of dishrags which we wrapped around the coffee bag. Plus, Leah and I made a batch of Pumpkin Bread which had to be thrown out in the garbage. This is the problem with having little people helping in the kitchen. I forgot to add the baking soda. It was such a sad state of mind when I realized we forgot a thing or two. We had to completely remake the bread. ARGHH!!!!!! Oh, I don't even want to go into all the drama to day with Leah...Oh, I was fuming upset with her earlier at the dentist office but that's another post.

The kids finished the project with some cute homemade cards to go with all the treats.

I hope my kids teacher's know how much we appreciate their hard work. I know the pay isn't the greatest and it's not always easy but both of my kids love their teachers.

No comments: