Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Blue Ridge Mountians

The hike of a lifetime. We did this hike two years ago with grandma and the kids. The best part of the hike is the massive waterfall at the bottom of this trail. The hike is not easy. It starts off relativity flat and easy. The hike is only 1.5 miles long each way. It doesn't sound to hard but holy cow. It's hard! I type up a huge post and blogger deleted it. So, I'm going to keep this short.

Two years ago, grandma did this hike with us but she didn't hike down to the waterfall. It's literally stone steps that go down the side of this mountains. It's hard. My mom was disappointed last time because she didn't get to see it. So, this time she decided to give it a try. The hike down the steps is grueling and hard. My mom and dad slowly but surely they both made it down to the waterfall. My mom's ankle was all swollen up and she had to soak it in the cold water at the bottom of the waterfall.

I hope both of my parents know how proud I'm of them. It was a very hard and challenging at times. When we push ourselves and we overcome obstacles...that's when we grow as individuals. Also, they set a great example for their grand kids.





No comments: