Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Ten on Monday

1. You know me, super busy all the time. I'm up and going at full force all day long. I haven't had much time to spend on my blog but I decided to stay up late tonight and get it updated! I have started to print off my blog which has been a wonderful thing. I feel really bad that I haven't taken the time lately to write up my Ten on Tuesdays but I'm hoping to get back in the groove of things.

2. Basketball season is finally over! Upwards Basketball has been the best thing ever for Logan. The program is amazing and Logan stretched himself and gain some self-confidence! He went from being the quiet shy boy to make basketball playing machine. He would score over 4-6 point at each game. I'm so proud of him. After the awards celebration, Logan told me that he was happy that we finally found something that he loved! Plus, he can't wait to play again next year!!!!!! Logan hasn't ever stuck with anything, so this makes me so happy! I love his basketball pictures. You can see the confidence in himself in the picture. I need to post it. It's a really powerful picture of Logan.

3. Leah is super athletic and loves to play sports. She's in soccer and gymnastics. I know, super crazy schedule but she's loving both of them. She's very competitive and loves a good challenge. I'm not happy with Bentonville Rec and we will not be signing up with them again. 8 girls on a soccer team is way too many. Leah is hardly getting any soccer time at all. She's not to happy about being on the side line, she would literally play the whole entire time without any complaints!

Leah thinks she's going to first grade in nine days. I'm not sure why she thinks moving up the next grade in less than nine days but I told her it's about 45 days until she graduates from Kindergarten. She wasn't too happy about. She loves school which is so awesome!

4. Landon will be starting up again in Tennis. This spring, they will buss the kids from school to the tennis courts which is great for me! Plus, he wants to run in the Gold Rush 5k in May with his school running group!

5. Spring Break turned into a huge mess, it's a long story. Lots of things went wrong...sick, bad weather, and camper issues. We ended up staying home which turned out to be the best thing for the whole family. We work on the garden beds, Leroy worked on his cars, and we hung around the house. We did take the kids to Chuck E Cheese because they earned it. The kids were able to earn a trip to CEC for filling up a glass jar with cotton balls for reading their scriptures.  Chuckie was good but the place was jammed packed with kiddos. It was a real madhouse but the kids had fun. So, that's all that matters.

6. I told the kids last night that we're not doing Easter baskets anymore. I know, I'm a mean mom but Leroy explained to them that he only got an Easter basket one time growing up. So, the kids boo-hoo about it but they already went to one Easter Egg Hunt and made out like bandits. I'm taking them to the Bella Vista Easter Egg hunt this Saturday and that's that! Last year, I found their Easter Baskets in their Closets full of candy...I mean nine months later. They still had a ton of candy left over and it was just rotting away in their room. So, we explained that on Sunday we will be focusing on the real reason of Easter not the Easter Bunny. The kids aren't to pleased but they will get use to it.

We just had a really nice FHE on Easter. I had the kids go thru all of the Gospel Art kit and pull out all of the pictures that would tell the story of Easter. The kids sorted thru all of the pictures and had to put them in order. It took several attempts before they got it right. The youngest up to the oldest had to hold up each picture and tell the story about the Resurrection. We stopped them from time to time and asked them questions. It turned into a really good FHE. The kids had to teach us about the Resurrection, it's a good way to see how much they really know and understand about the Resurrection!

The rest of the week, we will be dyeing Easter eggs and we will be making our famous Easter Bunny Sugar Cookies! We will have our own little Easter Egg hunt at the house! I'm not terrible mean but we will be trying to focus on the more spiritual side of Easter which can be hard to find a good balance. It's the first year not having a Easter party at the Preschool, I'm having a slight issue. I miss it, six straight years and no more. I can't wait for Leilani to grow up so I can send her to preschool and redo it with her!

7.  I have been working really hard on my sewing skills. I just finished sewing up the girls Easter dresses and I'm going to attempt to make matching ties for the boys. I'm really obessing about the sewing thing. I'm barely working out, every chance I get, I want to spend it on the sewing machine not the treadmill maybe it's the weather. I don't know but I was hoping to be back to my old body but it's not happening any time soon.

8.  I'm working on the details on our big trip out West. We will be driving up to Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, Idaho, and Salt Lake! It's going to be a whole lot of driving but I'm not planning on taking these kids out West ever again! So, we will be seeing the sites and visiting with family. Plus, I'm still planning on taking the kids out East as well. My head is already spinning...just from thinking about it all.

I really want to do it all with my kids, I want them to see world and not miss out on anything. I know this is kinda crazy of me but I can't help it.

9.  Remember all the picture drama...how I couldn't make up my mind. Well, I order this huge picture and I hate it. It's 20x30...it's so big...what the H*ll was I thinking...I even went down to Hobby Lobby and picked out a custom frame. I panic, I called Hobby Lobby the next day and cancelled the order. I don't know what to do????? I might just stick with it but I don't know someone help  me make a decision. The canvas print that I order turned out awesome, everyone that has seen has given me lots of compliments about it.

10. I'm all up to date with my 2012 digital scrapbook. It's all done!!!!!! My new goal is to make a calendar/month for each month and to print it off, right away. I'm already done with Jan and Fed for 2013. I'm going to start working on Mar 2013. If I keep this up, I will have the Family Yearbook done it will be so much easier this way.

The baby's scrapbook is update.

Life is super duper crazy, I feel like I'm juggling a ton of balls up in the air but I'm handling it really good. I'm going to have to cut out some things eventually but right now I'm doing it all.

2 comments:

Julie/Mom said...

Lara, the Easter dresses are super cute. Did you order the canvas print as a wrap around? If you did you don't need to frame it. It is the only way I do my canvas prints and I love them. No more frames for me.

Lara said...

No, it's not a canvas but a print. I just found a super cheap frame on Amazon and I'm going to go that route and hang it up.