Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Crafty Weekend

What to do, when it's raining outside and the boys are away camping for the night? Well, it's time to pull out the sewing machine and get busy creating stuff for the new baby. Leah did a great job of staying out of my way which meant she was in my bedroom watching a movie and she even went to bed at 8:00pm. I decided to stay up late and finish up a few sewing projects. I made the new baby a cute diaper cover with lots of ruffles. It's so cute. Plus, I decided to make a nursing cover. You can't see if very well but the fabric has cows all over with it. The cows say "moo" all of over. Kinda funny if you ask me, I'm going to be feel'n like a diary cow in a few months if you know what I mean...lol.


The kids are obsessed about everything being even among the kids. I can't make something for the baby without making something for the boys. They have been complaining that I haven't sewn anything for them in a long time. I decided to pull out some cute Flannel I picked up at the associate store and I whipped up a pj set for Logan and I managed to make a pair of pj bottoms for Landon. I still need to finish making the a top for Landon. He boo-hoo about not having a top. So, If I can find sometime this week, I will work on his top.


Logan decided this morning he wanted to make a quilt for the new baby.  We decided to make a "go as go along" quilt using two inch strips of fabric. It has cows and hello kitty fabric. The back side is that pink satin fabric. We're half way done with the quilt. You sew all three fabrics together at the same time. Anyways, I will finish it up with some bias tape on the edges. I'm thinking about using it as a changing pad and not so much as a quilt. Logan loves it. He picked out all of the fabric and came up with the pattern and size of the blanket.

Close up view of the blanket!

Landon took this picture of Leah outside. We accidently forgot to give her this purse from her Uncle William. It's been up in the closet for the past couple of months. Thanks, again Uncle William. It was filled with a little notebook plus pencils with her name on them. She loved it!

No comments: