Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Ten on Friday

Wow, where did all of the time go? I have been way too busy to blog, so I'm going to cram in two weeks worth of random things about me, the kids, and whatever else pops up in my head.

1. Tomorrow, we're making a day trip up to Kansas City with my friend Puan and the kids. It's going to be van load full of fun. Let's hope, I'm a little bit worried about spending so much time sitting in the van. I'm really hoping that they don't swell up on me like they did the other day...ouch not too much fun! We're heading up for the Open House of the LDS Kansas City Temple plus we're going to stop off at the Liberty Jail Visitor Center plus with a stop off at the T-Rex Cafe for some Dinosaur digging fun. It's about 3.5 hours each way so it's going to be a very long day but it will be worth it. This might be the last trip that we might be making before the new baby comes.

2.  The past couple of months, I have been wanting to put something up in my laundry room. I finally found this sign on Etsy. I had it custom made to match the colors in my house. So, one more project off my list to do. It's a nice touch.
3.  Logan received the Terrific Kid award! His teacher nominated him because he always listens to his teacher and does exactly as he is told to do. Way to go, Logan. I just wish he was as obedient as he is at school. He wasn't too happy about having to get up in front of the whole entire school to receive his award. His teacher told me that he was giving her the death look all the way up to the front of the stage. He hates to be in the spotlight.  
 4. My little tomboy is starting to turn into a girly girl but she's still tough. She loves going to the beauty school to get her hair cut. You should of seen her walking around the beauty school...all smiles...literally walking around it like she owned it. Here's the trick, to get your daughter to sit still during the haircut. Just ask for one of the doll heads. Leah spent the whole time brushing and playing with the doll head while the girl cut her hair. Leah was perfectly content. So, after the hair cut. I decided it would be fun to head over to the nail saloon at the school and get her nails done. She thought she was all grown up. Too bad, the nail job didn't last to long. Don't go to the sand park after getting your nails done. Bad idea!
 5. Yippee, Soccer is finally over for Leah. Isn't she so cute! This Spring season was very different from the Fall season. A different coach plus all new girls except for Morgan. Leah was really shy at the beginning of the new season but it wasn't too long before she was back to her full force. Leah's coach told me that she was the best player on the team. Go LEAH!!!! No fear, this girl doesn't hold back. She's running up and down the field. If she gets kicked or knocked over...she doesn't cry. She just gets back up and goes for it. The boys aren't too sure if they want to play soccer again but Leah wants to go back to in the Fall. She also, wants to do dance but I'm not a fan of dance. I think it leaves to many girls with body issues.

 6.Sewing, Sewing, and sewing...I decided to be a little bit crazy and sew some fitted diapers for the new baby. I'm not sure if I'm going to actually use cloth diapers but I thought it couldn't hurt to have some on hand. You never know when you might run out and need an emergency stash of diapers. I found this really cute pattern online and decided to give it a try. They turned out super cute and so easy to whip up on the sewing machine.

7.  The boys only have about four more weeks left of school. The last day of school is May 21st, which is so early but it will be good to have so much easy laid back weeks before the new baby comes. I can't wait to be able to sleep in, I'm getting so tired of waking up early to get them off to the bus. The boys have tons of field trips and end of the year class picnics. The time is going to be flying by fast!

8.  This week, I'm officially 32 weeks pregnant. I'm looking at 6-8 weeks before the new baby will be here. I did managed to pick up some more baby clothes at a garage sale. I even found some really cute vintage baby dresses. I really want to hit up some more garage sales but I can't seem to find my debit card which isn't a good thing because we're going out of town tomorrow morning. Ok, back to me...my feet did swell up once this week, I'm having so discomfort that must be coming from Braxton Hicks, and it's so hard to get comfortable at night. I can't wait to be done with this pregnancy.

9.  I'm working on my scrapbook calendar for the baby's first year, I did managed to get all 12 months done but I still need to go back and add all the finishing touches on each page. At least the basic calendar pages are done! I managed to run out of glue sticks so I will have to pick up some more glue and hopefully get it all done by next week. Also, back at Christmas time, I forgot that I made these journals for the kids for the year of 2012. I'm going to try to finish out...filling out all of the pages and get the pictures printed off to put in their journals.

10.  Okay, Leah wants me to play a board game with her. So, I'm off. She loves to play card games and board games. She also loves to win! She's so competitive!

No comments: