1. I managed to lose three pounds this week. It's been a hard adjustment with the kids being home all day and trying to still fit in time workout and diet at the same time. After this weekend, I decided it was time to get serious and start working on myself again. I ate way too much over the weekend on our camping trip. I decided that I would eat whatever I wanted. Bad idea...I gained a ton of weight. I really hate dieting but I can't just eat whatever I want anymore. When I was a lot younger; I could eat all day long and not gain a pound. I always super skinny and never worried about my weight but I have found out the older I get less food I need to be eating. My body doesn't need all of those calories. I'm really surprised by this. I'm eating three three meals plus two snacks plus two protein shakes. I drink one right after working out and one right before going to bed. Dinner time is always hard for me because I have a tendencies to over eat. Really, all I need is a small meal at dinner time. Half my plate should be greens/veggies, one some portion of grains plus one 4oz of meat. I hate to obsessed about food but I can't just mindless eat food either. So, I'm really happy this week I making a good comeback and I'm now under 130 pounds. I couldn't be happier.
2. Running isn't going so great at the moment. I can barely run three miles without dying. What happened???? I used to be able to run 10 miles with no problems at all. Last night, we meet up to go running...I mean my running buddies. We haven't run together in over a month. It was soooooo much fun but at the same time sooooo depressing. We had to take a break right after the first mile. We are literally having to start all over with our training. We were so embarrassed when Rush Running guys were running right past us and we were walking. Then, Mike Rush drove right pass us honking his horn at us while we were standing around trying to catch our breaths. So, we took off running. I thought the knee was healed but it's still acting up.
3. We went camping over the weekend to Devil's Den with the kids. We had so much fun...endless hours of biking, hiking, swimming, and attending the park rangers programs. I will post pictures at another time. We couldn't believe how fast the time went and next time we hope to stay a little bit longer. We were running all over the place. It's good to be back home.
4. Landon is attending Cub Scouts Twilight camp at the church. So far, it's going really well. Each night he hasn't made it home until after 10:00pm at night. It's a little late for me but it's okay because it's summer time. Landon did a couple of different things like shoot a bb gun and use a bow and arrow.
5. My friend Ashley picked up the other kids to take them to her churches VBS. It's great. Five nights this week free of kids. It pays to have friends outside the church. The kids are having a blast. Ashley told me last night that Logan was flirting with two girls in his group. So, Leah decided to tell me that Logan was flirting with girls and flirting with boys...lol! I thought for sure I was going to pee my pants. Leah's too funny sometimes.
6. The kids are attending a pool party in Rogers at the Country Club. The best part is the kid's Granny is picking up the boys to take them to her grandson's birthday party. Yes, no kids for the whole afternoon and evening.
7. The garden is a bust. No tomatoes on my tomato plants. I haven't been bothered to water my garden. I decided that I don't really have a green thumb and I could care less. What happened to me...I'm always changing my hobbies and interested. I feel bad about this but I seriously can't stick with anything. Maybe next year...the truck stand that sells veggies is starting to look good enough to me.
8. We have managed to read our scriptures as a family every morning. The kids can't watch cartoons until it's done. A good motivater for the kids. I don't read mine on my own. I feel bad about this but not bad enough to do anything about it. Hopefully, I'm not doomed to go to hell because of it. Sorry folks, I'm not super crazy about personal scripture reading. I love to read but I can't seem to stick with it.
9. Leroy's sick again...migraines plus sinus infections.
10. This weekend, I'm going to run in my first 5k for the year. I know super lame of me. I'm hoping for a good time hopefully, the knee wouldn't give me too many problems. Things are not going as plan in the running dept but I'm trying to stay positive.