Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ten on Tue

1. Yesterday, Leroy ended up in the ER. The poor guy ended up blacking out at work. The ER doctor didn't find anything wrong with him but he was dehydrated. Leroy spent all of Saturday working on the house. He repainted the eastside of the house with all new paint plus replaced on the of the side boards due to those pesky woodpeckers. Anyways, he felt fine on Sunday but Monday he came down feel'n ill at work. He managed to get help at work but they took to the ER. I'm going to hate to see the bill from them being they couldn't find anything wrong with him except for being dehydrated. So, Leroy going to stay home and rest. Plus, I told him that he needs to make sure to drink more water and to get off all of the pop. I swear he will never learn his lesson. Last year, he had to have his gallbladder removed and I'm positive it was from drinking so much pop that caused him to run into problems.

2. I'm back to running. So far, it's going really slow. It's so hot and humid outside. My average pace has been around 11:00 minute pace which is super slow for me. The weather hasn't help the situation. I'm going to try from now on to get out the door before Leroy leaves to go work. Yesterday, I managed to run 3 miles until 35 minutes which is awful time but this morning I managed to run 3 miles under 30 minutes. The knee feels a little bit tight but nothing I can't deal with. Popping the cyst was the best thing ever!!!!!!! It hasn't come back so hopefully, it's gone forever!

3. I'm working on finishing up a couple of sewing projects this morning. The current plan is to finish up all of my unfinished projects and I'm taking the rest of the summer to do nothing. That's right...NOTHING! I'm really tried of working on goals and completing projects. The most I will be doing is reading a book or knitting a dishrag. I just want to lounge around the pool and work on my tan.

4. The kids are busy everyday playing with their friends and staying up late at night playing outside and trying to catch fireflies! It's so nice...not having to get the kids up early to catch the bus.

5. We're planning on taking the kids to Devil's Den for the weekend for Father's Day! We haven't been in almost three years. I can't wait to go back. It's only about 45 minutes from our house and it's a ton of fun. Last time, I was super fat and I can't wait to take pictures of me this time skinny. It's going to be a full circle moment.

6. I signed up all three kids for the summer reading program. Landon's going to read everyday for 30 minutes. I will be reading books to Logan and Leah! Logan is still struggling with his reading skills. I'm really worried that if I don't work with him he will fall behind. So, we will be working on two pages every day from Phonics Pathway reading book. Hopefully, we will be done with the book by the end of the summer.

7. Nothings happening at the moment. I'm just going to try to survive the summer with the kids. Last week, it was a hard adjustment but so far everything is going well. I'm learning to just ignore Landon's whining. We have a good schedule set up and it seems to be working.

8. My parents left for South Africa on Monday. We haven't heard from them but hopefully they are okay! I'm so proud of them!

9. Landon might be attending baseball camp but I'm not sure if I want to drive him to Rogers everyday for the camp. It's only three days this week but I'm feel'n really lazy at the moment.

10. I officially started my calling at church as the ward librarian. So far, it's working out great! It's going to be a prefect fit for me. One year, in high school I worked as a student librarian. I'm not sure if anyone remembers that but I'm in the highschool yearbook being a librarian.

1 comment:

banananutmeg said...

poor Leroy! Hopefully, the hospital bill will be too bad. It was only $100 for Quincy's visit. Of course...that doesn't count her x-rays, but the visit was only $100 this time.