1. Nothing worse then the end of the school year madness! I can't wait for the school year to end. I'm so tried of getting up early and all the running around that comes with the kids being in school. The kids have to make up 8 snow days which is so crazy. I let the kids miss school yesterday, I really felt like we needed a four day break instead of three and I don't feel guilty about it either.
2. I'm really proud of my hubby for going to Joplin to help out with the clean up efforts. Leroy worked hard pulling a van out of someones front yard and cutting up fallen trees. Two stakes sent over 550 men to help with the cleanup efforts. This all took place over Memorial Day weekend. It was a huge sacrifice but it was a well worth it. Leroy ended up taking up the camper and he stayed over night in someone's business driveway. The owner saw Leroy trying to back up the camper into the area that was set up for those staying overnight. The guy walked over to him and offer his pad for Leroy to park the camper. Leroy was really happy about this and he didn't have to go down this steep hill with camper. Leroy saw things that changed him. The whole experienced was life changing!
3. Like I was saying about Leroy going over to Joplin that over a week ago, Joplin was hit by F5 tornado. I decided to drive up yesterday with the kids to check out the destruction. It's horrible...it was like being a war zone. The sight, smell, and it seemed so unreal. We only drove around a couple of blocks and it was really getting to me. We didn't stay to long but I wanted to make a point with the kids that Tornadoes aren't to be messed with. It's important to take the warnings seriously plus I wanted them to be a Little bit more appreciative for what we have been blessed with a home and a family. I have pictures but I will posted them another time.
3. On Monday, it was my birthday. I'm not 45 yrs old like Jenny suggested. Hello, I'm 33! Overall, it's been a great year. I have learned a lot of hard lessons. One of the biggest things, I have learned that I'm not in complete control of my life. No matter, how much I plan or figure out how things should work out. It doesn't always work out like planned. Some things, are completely out of my control. I don't like feel'n I'm not 100% in control of myself and my life. I have learned a big lesson over the weekend that I need to rely on the Lord. Everything happens for a reason and I have to turn some things over to him. So, I'm taking one day at a time. I have been so humbled it's not even funny but on a positive note I had a great birthday!
4. Our ward had a Memorial Day breakfast and flag ceremony by the boy scouts. Leroy was up in Joplin over the weekend and the High Priest were so worried that Leroy wouldn't be able to help them with the pancakes. Leroy is the official pancake master in the Ward. My hubby has some serious line cook skills. I don't recall their ever being a long line for pancakes. I'm proud of my hubby...he was so sore and tried from the clean up efforts but he still got up really early on Monday morning without complaining and flip up a ton of pancakes.
5. After the Mother's Day disaster, I decided to go ahead and plan my own party. I didn't want to be disappointed again, i figured he hasn't done one thing for my birthday in the past why would he do something now. I know that's awful but it's the truth. He didn't even attend my party but only for less than five minutes. He was busy working on our friend's van the whole time.
6. A long time ago, I wanted to have a block party. I'm thinking it was about eight years ago. I really wanted to but I was really afraid that know one would come. So, I finally decided back at TOFW that I would invite everyone that went to the conference to come over to a party at my house. Plus, I invited some of my other friends and neighbors. Let's just say that I wasn't disappointed at all. I felt the love. I just feel bad that one of my friends wasn't allowed to come to my party. I hate her hubby and I hope God gives her the strength to deal with him.
7. So, the simple party turned into a block party. My neighbors are so awesome! I know lots of people have neighbor problems but mine are best ever. I hope none of them move away any time soon. My neighbor let us use part of her yard and my other neighbor let us set up the sprinkler at her house. I was feel'n the love. My one neighbor gave me Nike workout top and pants plus a pair of workout shoes. I don't mean to brag but this is my blog. She's so freak'n awesome. I love you, Ms. Jennifer! My other neighbor, ended up grilling up all the food for the party. Did I mention she's from East Texas and this girl has some serious grilling skills. All of the food was juicy, moist, and not burnt. She helped out by making so many dishes and the set up alone to forever. She did so much work it's not even funny. I couldn't of pulled it off without her help.
8. We blocked off the Cud De Sac and had three stations set up in three different yards. A slip n slide, sprinkler, and baby pool plus tons of balls! The kids had so much fun! Plus, we had a massive water balloon fight. One of the couple's, we invited thought it would be fun to dump the water coolers over each others heads. It was so much fun! I'm going to do this again.
9. Two of my friends supplied the cakes. My neighbor drove all the way down to Fayetteville to get me a cake from Rick's Bakery and my other friend made me a cake as well. I was really worried about having hurt feelings but I was wrong. We ended up with so many people we needed both of the cakes. The cakes were Delicious. Thanks, again!
10. Landon will be performing in the School Talent Show tomorrow night, keep him in your prayers. He performed this morning in front of the school and everyone in his class told me he did a great job up on the stage. He will be performing his karate forms!
p.s. Every year, I get a little bit older but every year just keeps getting better and better. I would never want to young again. I'm loving my 30's. Every year, I grow a little bit more and I'm becoming the person I always wanted to be!
Plus, I will be posting pictures very soon!