Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

ten on tue


1. Summer break, is almost here. Today, is the kids last day of school. I have mixed emotions about the whole thing. Logan graduated from Kindergarten and Landon will be moving up to 3rd grade next year! Where did all the time go, my boys are growing up way too fast but they still need me. This is my last day of freedom before I will be on full time Mom duty. My neighbor is watching Leah at the moment; I'm trying to finish up a ton of projects! I'm trying to keep my schedule as open as possible for the summer break but it seems like every week is already full of commitments and such.

2. We're trying to plan our vacation trips for the summer. We're planning on going up to Chicago to visit my sister this summer and hopefully be able to see her new home. The big trip will be here in our great state of Arkansas. We will be hitting up four different state parks in less than a week. We will be learning about the civil war and learning all about our environment. We will be hopefully, boats, digging for diamonds, and lots of hiking.

3. I have a new calling at church. I'm no longer on the Enrichment committee. Nancy called said she was sorry to see me leave the committee; I was her right hand person. I feel bad leaving her but I'm so excited about my new calling. I'm the assist librarian. I will be working with my friend plus it's not to demanding of a calling. I'm really looking forward in being able to attend the enrichment activities and not be stuck in the kitchen all night long.

4. Landon and Logan both had their end of the year picnics. The kids really enjoyed school this year plus they both had excellent teachers!

5. My mom sent the kids a postcard from MTC. I told Leah that grandma and grandpa are both missionaries right now. Leah looked really confused...she asked whether not they we're still her grandparents or just missionaries. She's not really understanding the mission thing at the moment. Logan keeps asking me when we're going to Tennessee to visit grandma and grandpa. He keeps asking about the water park. Poor kids, hopefully, it will get easier with time.

6. I'm really proud of my parents going on another mission. I know it's not easy to leave your family and friends to serve a mission but they are setting a great example for the kids. I couldn't be prouder of them.

7. My knee is no longer hurting me. I decided to go ahead and drain my cyst. I wished that I would of done this months ago. I'm so ready to get back into the groove of things again. I'm not sure when I will be able to get away to go running this summer but I always have my dreadmill.

8. Landon's baseball team did really well this season. They won the last four games of the season but they ended up losing their tournament game. Landon was so upset. He cried for a good 30 minutes. The little guy wanted to win so bad. It's a hard lesson but he has to learn it's about giving your best and not being a poor sport when things do go as planned.

9. I managed to pick up a huge pile of summer clothes for the boys at a garage sale. I couldn't be happier. All the clothes for less than $20 plus some of the clothes were Nike!

10. I'm reading a couple new books and it's nice to be able to relax. I'm so tried of running around with my head chopped off. I like to be busy and productive but it's starting to take a toll on me. I'm so glad that baseball season is finally over. Landon's game schedule was insane. So, I'm off to get busy and get dinner prepped.

No comments: