1. A couple of weeks ago, they changed the time we attend church to the afternoon session. Church now starts at 1:00pm and we don't get back home until almost 4:30pm. Let me just make it know that I hate this schedule. I'm a morning person, I like to wake up nice and early get things done. Waiting around all morning long is torture. I'm sleepy by the time church starts that I'm getting nothing out of it. Each Sunday feels weird and I HATE IT! It's going be a couple of weeks but its not working for me! Especially, when we get back so late in the afternoon. Each Sunday, I'm using my crock-pot. The kids are starving by the time they get back from church. I'm making Apricot Chicken in the crock-pot served with fluffy white rice. So, to make up some of the time wasted waiting for church. I'm going to strive to write up my weekly list of events on Sunday mornings. So, I'm going to have to come up with a way to enjoy my Sunday's plus make them efficient.
2. This morning, we decided to sleep in. The kids were up and being super quiet. We knew they had to be up to something. They were way too quiet. Sure enough, we found them in the bathroom trying to give the poor cat a bath. Luckily, we came to the cat's rescue just in time. Who knows how much longer the cat would of tolerated the kids.
3. The weather is starting to cool off. I'm back to knitting. I already finished two scarfs. I purchased a ton of Alpaca wool to knit with and I hated it. I didn't realize at the time, you need to use knitting patterns that call for Alpaca. So, I found a super easy pattern and I already have it memorized. I finish to scarfs in less than a week. I will post pictures at a later time. Plus, I have all three kids signed up for sports. It's a lot of time, just sitting around watching them play and practice. Knittings a great way to pass the time plus feel like I'm more than a chauffeur.
4. I already finished Leah's costume. I decided that I don't want to feel stressed out about the up coming holidays. I have come a long way with my sewing skills. I managed to read the pattern, cut it the pieces, plus sew it together all by myself. Okay, I had a little bit of help but it was very minimal. So, I completed the costume 95% by myself. The boys have decided yet what they would like to be for Halloween yet. I need them to make a decision so I can start to work on their costume.
5. Talking about Halloween, I'm hoping the remodel will be done soon. I'm really wanting to throw a huge Halloween party for the family. I figured if the remodel is done we could have a bunch of friends over to celebrate. I always wanted to throw a big Halloween Bash for the kids friends but I was worried that know one would come. I'm so lame at times. I always have a huge turnout when I throw parties. So, I need to feel less insecure and just do it. The ward Halloween parties are always lame. I'm tried of going to them. So, if the sunroom/deck is completed in time then it will be party time. I'm really thinking if I have enough time, I might just go ahead and sew myself a costume to wear, as well.
6. Landon didn't get elected as Vice President of student council. I'm still really proud of him even if he didn't win the election. Landon was up against six other students and competition was fierce. Landon wrote his own speech and he got up in front of the whole 3rd and 4th student body. I'm always amazed when my kids do things that I never expected them to do. Landon's going to try for an office position next year. Plus, Landon will still be serving on the student council.
7. Weight loss, I hate to bring this up but since the boys birthday I have continually put on weight.You would think because I work out six days a week that my weight wouldn't be an issue. I think it all started with the party, yes sugar or known as "ugar" at our house. Logan couldn't pronounce his "s" sound for the longest time. He can say it correctly now but we still call it "Ugar" at our house. Yes, sugar is what caused my problems. I stop eating sugar on Tuesday and I cut back on my carbs. I'm now down two pounds! I'm hoping to drop another two or three pounds.
8. Logan really impressed me this week with selling Harps Coupon Books for the school fund raiser. He came home and took off going door to door selling the books without even telling me. He came home with a five dollar bill and a huge smile on his face. Logan has sold a total of 13 books to our neighbors. He has to sell 3 more books in order to have lunch with the school principal. I'm not sure how that's a reward but Logan really wants it! His goal is to sell $200 of coupon books. One of our neighbors loved the coupon books so much she's going to take her book to her quilting group and take orders. Hopefully, she will get a big enough order that Logan will be able to exceed his goal. I love my neighborhood, all of my neighbors are AWESOME!!!!!!
9. Last weekend, I ended up canning over 15 quarts of crushed tomatoes, 9 pints of pizza sauce, and 4 quarts of Firery Hot crushed tomatoes. I'm going to try to pick up Grapes this week and get busy canning some grape juice.
10. Sports update: I signed up Logan and Leah for soccer. Yesterday, Logan refused to join in. He told me that soccers boring and he doesn't want to do it anymore. He does this with every single sport that I sign him up for...why does he does this! I finally had to reward "bribe" him to join the team. I told him if he join in and played that I would take him to the Indian Museum afterwards to look at arrowheads. Logan is just like his Grandpa Nichols. So, as soon as the game was over we headed over to the museum. We might have to go to the Indian Museum a lot this soccer season. Logan's first game is this Monday night but it's in Bentonville and Leah's practice is Monday night in Centerton. I'm not sure how I'm going to get them in two different locations at the same time. Plus, Landon playing Fall Ball. He will be attending all of the practices but he will be missing a majority of the games. The games are scheduled on Sundays because they don't want the games to interfere with Razorback home games. LAME OH, I hate football and now even more.
11. I'm still running but my knee is a little bit sore. On Labor Day, I ran in a 10k supporting the Children's Shelter in our area. My legs felt tired and stiff. I managed to come in 58:53 which is almost five minutes off my time from last year but it's not my fastest time. I managed to keep a pace of 9:30 minute mile. Landon managed to run on the same day but at a different race. He did the free 5k sponsored by our church and he came in at 29 minutes which is his fastest time ever. I feel bad not being able to run with him but it couldn't be help. I hope the committee moves it back to Saturday not on Labor Day.
12. Labor Day we spent the afternoon over at my visiting teacher's house for a party. A perfect way to end summer vacation. Her house is located right on the lake plus a pool. The kids had a complete blast swimming in the lake and pool. Plus, the kids managed to take out the kayaks. Logan spent literally hours on the lake kayaking around the lake all by himself. We might try to see if we can purchase a couple of these kids size kayaks for the boys.
Anyways, I'm hoping to get back in the habit and start writing my Ten on Sundays to help keep everyone up to do with the families happenings.