Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Campaign Manager

When Landon came home over a week ago he told me he wanted to join the Student Council and run for Vice President! I didn't realize how complicated the whole process. Each class in 3rd and 4th grade had to nominate and elect one boy and one girl. Landon was nominated plus two other boys. Landon's class mates voted for him to be their class Representative for the student council. Now, Landon is able to run for an office.
He decided he wanted to be Vice President. The process hasn't been easy. I worked really hard all week to come up with some cute catchy slogans but Landon didn't like any of them. He didn't want any thing that would be tooo embarrassing. So, I came up with the "Vote 4 Landon Scheele" slogan. Landon was really happy about the new slogan. I decided it would be a good idea to include a Name Poem that way the other students could learn a little bit about home. Unfortunately, I ended up completing most of the poster but Landon added the stickers. Landon loves how the posters turned out.
I'm so proud of my son. I'm always surprised how much my boys continue to surprised me with all of their new adventures. I'm not sure if Landon will win the election or not but that's not the point. The little guy is setting goals and trying new things. The last thing, Landon needs to do is write a minute long speech about why students should vote for him. Landon will have to give the speech in front of the whole 3rd and 4th grades. I never would of done anything like this as a child but I'm glad my son will have this opportunity.




No comments: