The fun thing about having two girls, somewhat matching costumes. Not an easy thing to do, when you're talking about 5 1/2 year ago gap but I figured out a way to make it work. My sewing partner, gave me her unfinished mermaid pattern from last year. She started to cut out some of the pattern pieces but never made any further then that. She passed it off to me. The pattern wasn't easy to figure or follow but she came over and we made it work. I decided to go back and take off the tail of Leah's costume because it was fraying too much and I was worried it would come off completely plus the mermaid costume was a little bit too long. So, this afternoon...I managed to take off the old tail and replaced it with a stronger and better tail. She can walk around in it without tripping over it. I just finished the crown plus the matching seashell pendant.
Baby Leilani costume is 100% my creation...no pattern...just me! I really love the way it turned out. The sea shell top is super cute. I'm going to get the kids pictures done together! I'm still blown away, how well they turned out!
The boys are going as Army men and I just bought them off Amazon. It's more fun to sew for little girls than boys.