Chapter 9-What's Cooking?
With an adult, bake cookies
Here's the recipe:
From the Ghirardelli Macadamia White Chip Cookies recipe on the back of the Ghirardelli Classic White Chips packagePrep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 36 minutes | Total time: 56 minutes
Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups unsifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (11 oz. bag) white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups Macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and beat well. Blend in the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the white chips and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets (or lined with parchment). Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Cub scout note: Every Sunday morning before church Landon will be working on Bear Cub Scout book. Last week, we focused on Achievement 17: Information, Please. Landon completed requirement 17b: Play a game of charades with your family at home. Landon did a good job writing up the clues and acting out the words. Plus, this is Leah's favorite game to play. So, slowly but surely we are getting his cub scout Bear book done!