Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Running Bandit

Due to being ill yesterday, I decided not to run. I decided to go down and pick up my race packet and t-shirt with the kids. I didn't realize that kids would be running in this run. I should of know it was called "girls on the run". I decided literally at the last second. To pin my bid number on Landon. We ran with him for the first couple hundred yards and we headed back to the van. I was very nervous about Landon running all by himself but he did an awesome job. I loaded up the other kids and we drove to the two mile marker. We decided to wait and see if we could see Landon running. I was so shocked when we saw him right away. Running in the front of the pack. We cheered him on and drove back to the finish line. We ran into a friend and were busy talking. I finally decided to head over to the finish line and watch for landon. I was shocked to see landon already in the finish line chute. The little guy had already finished. I don't know his official time but I'm sure its around 30 minutes. I figured he was running at 10:00 minute pace. Zero training...this kid has some serious talent.













2 comments:

Schoen Family said...

Congrats Landon! You have a very proud Aunt cheering you on. I'm so impressed with your running ability. You rock at beating out all those other woman four times your age.

banananutmeg said...

what a champ. That is so stinkin' cute!