Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

Setting The Example...


Last night, I caught my hubby reading a children's book. My hubby is not a reader at all. The only thing he reads is boring technical books. I was shocked to see him pick up this book called "The Pinkish, Purplish, Bluish Egg" by Bill Peet. After he finished reading the book. He told Logan he wanted to read him this really GOOD book. It just melted my heart to see my hubby wanting to share a book for my son.
Bill Peet is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE children's book authors. Bill Peet was original an Disney artist. He helped with Dumbo, Bambi, and Pinocchio. I love all of his books. If you haven't read one before you are so missing out. Good morals, great illustrations, and great way to bond with your children. I never ever read a book as a child. I'm making sure my children have a love for reading. A part of this comes from introducing high quality books to your children before they start school. I hated to read because every teacher at school made it into a horrible chore. If you start them when they are young they will learn to love them for pleasure not just for completing a homework assignment.

No comments: