Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday



On my bedside table
:
Redeeming Love a novel by Francine Rivers! WOW!!!!!!!!! The first couple of chapters were slow but the story really takes off. I could hardly put down this book. The house is a complete wreck. If you love a good love story and this one is so powerful. I'm completely changed from reading this book. I can't say enough good things about this book.

On my TV
:
We currently don't have any cable or satelite! I'm planning on watching a movie called "Up Close & Personal"!


On the menu for tonight:

Chicken Bean Soup, for the recipe,click here!


On my To Do List:
Take my oldest son to get his teeth fixed! I'm going to end up oweing: $590.00-Ouch!
Clean Up Kitchen
Clean Up Family Room
Try to do a load of Landrury

New Recipe I tried last week:
Broiled Tilapia Parmesan-AWESOME!!!!


In the craft basket
:
Nothing at the moment! I really need to knit Leah a new hat on the loom!


Looking forward to:
a couple of snow days!
picking up a new set of lincoln logs for my son
attending a baby shower

Homemaking Tip for this week:
I don't wash more landrary than I can fold and put away in the same day. This helps to keep the piles of landurary of clean clothes from envading my family room. I usually do only one or two loads every day. That way it doesn't become overwhelming!


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Last week my daugther did something amazing for the first time, click here to find out! My little girl is growing up so fast. I'm so glad I'm able to document all of her accomplishments.

Favorite photo from last week:



Lesson learned the past few days:
Yesterday, we learned about all about having HOPE! We need to learn to be trusting and turn everything over to the Lord. He knows what's best for us. Our trails will make us stronger and a better people. Even if we don't understand the reason for the trail we can always have Hope!


On my Prayer List:

Our new president
my children-Landon having major dental work today!


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses
Key Verse: Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21

2 comments:

banananutmeg said...

I liked this post Lara, you should keep doing this once a week! Post the tilapia recipe on your food blog or on sister share-we eat a LOT of fish in the summer time and I'm always looking for a new way to cook it.
On my to do list: Laminate an FHE lesson, I'm trying to do one a week until they are all laminated, and clean my messy "monday house" for the baby shower thursday!

Lara said...

Hi Lara,
It was nice to see your list and your blog. And by the way, where did you get your name from? Was it because of Dr. Zhivago?, like me?
Blessings from Portugal