Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday



We are still stuck at home due to a major ice storm. We haven't left the house since Monday Morning. We are starting to run low on supplies. I decided to make my Famous Potato Bacon Soup. This is so good and easy. You can't screw this up! I'm going to make my Awesome Bread Rolls to go with this lovely dish!

Enjoy!

Famous Potato Bacon Soup (crock pot)


8 cups off coarsely chopped peeled potatoes
1 small onion chopped
1/2 pound bacon, crisped, drained, crumbled
1 (8oz) cream cheese, softened
3 (15.5oz) cans of reduced sodium chicken broth
1 (10.75) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 tsp pepper

In a 4 qu crock pot, stir together the potatoes and onion. Stir in the bacon. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, broth, cream of chicken soup, and pepper. Add to the crockpot.

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours. If you like, mash the potatoes slightly for a thicker consistency.

For more slow cooking recipes, visit .
Sandra at Diary of a SAHM

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I LOVE potato soup and this one sound soo good. Anything with bacon is a winner for me :)

Jen said...

Potato soup is something I hardly ever make. My Mom use to make this all the time for an elderly gentleman who lived up the road from our farm. It is the best comfort food!

Anonymous said...

Oh yum!... Stealing this to make real soon!


MJ