Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Going Green

This morning, I ran out of my stash of homemade laundry detergent. Landon was complaining about being bored so I decided to give him a job. So, I pulled out a bar of Zote and the cheese grater and sent him to work. He really enjoyed it. After he shaved the soap bar, I had him but it in the food processor and grind it up! He added the other two ingredients and poured into a quart size canning jar. Seriously, he was done in less than 15 minutes from start to finish. I'm pretty sure his future wife will appreciate my efforts to make my son independent and frugal...lol!

 

Soap recipe

Each batch yields approximately 32 ounces (between 32-64 loads based on how many Tbsp used per load).
I recommend using a food processor, it will help break down the shaved Zote bar.
Thoroughly stir together for 5 minutes and enjoy the results! That’s it folks…seems too good to be true, but it is true indeed!