Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Reading Challenge: On Top of Spaghetti


When I was a little girl attending elementry grade school; we use to sing this song all the time. This was seriously my favorite song from school. I think I might of learned it in the fourth or fifth grade during music time. I was able to locate the Lyrics at the boy scout website!Also, I wasn't able to locate the book at the library. So, this was the best I could do. I found this rhyme and youtube video. I'm going to try the Rogers Library on Wed. If I can find the book. I'll probably do some spaghetti painting activity and make spaghetti and meatballs for dinner one night. I'm a little bit behind in the planning stage. I tried to locate an online version of the book but had no luck.


Nursery Rhyme


On top of spaghetti,

All covered with cheese,

I lost my poor meatball

When somebody sneezed.
It rolled off the table

And onto the floor,

And then my poor meatball

Rolled right out the door!

It rolled in a garden

And under a bush

Now my poor meatball

Was nothing but mush
The mush was as tasty

As tasty could be

Early next summer

It grew into a tree
The tree was all covered

With beautiful moss

It grew lovely meatballs

In a tomato sauce
So if you like spaghetti

All covered with cheese

Hold on to your meatballs

And DON'T EVER SNEEZE!
A-A-A-CHOO !!




Please join Ms. Shannon at Teaching Tiny Tots,
Click here!

2 comments:

Amy @ Literacy Launchpad said...

Ooo! I keep meaning to check this book out. I've heard many great reviews.

Glad to have you as a follower. And I'm excited to be following you too! :)

Amberella said...

I couldn't find the book my library!

Why didn't I use these ideas
yesterday when we had spaghetti?? :)