Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2009

St. Patty's Day Playdoh

New activity school tray-playdoh! I made my own playdoh and I added gold color glitter to the playdoh!
Don't ya just love the cookie cutters!

My sister in law teaches special ed and requested my playdoh recipe. I decided to go ahead and post the recipe for her and anyone else who would like to make their own playdoh. This is seriously the cooked playdoh recipe ever. No chemicals, feels great, and it's super easy to make. I just put together this really cute activity tray. I found these really cute Three Left Clover cookie cutters at a garage sale last year. I have been waiting all year to use them. We are having a little girl over for a playdate tomorrow. I wanted to have a couple of new items out to keep the little ones busy.


COOKED PLAYDOH

2 c. flour


1 c. salt


4 tsp. cream of tartar


2 c. water


2 tbsp. oil


1 tsp. food coloring (any color)



Combine all ingredients, except water and oil, in a saucepan. Gradually stir in 2 cup water mixed with oil, add food coloring. Cook over medium to high heat, stirring constantly until a ball forms. Remove from heat, place dough on table and knead until smooth.


2 comments:

Erica said...

Looks great! We plan on making the same play-doh for St. Patricks day :) With glitter and all haha :)

Sarah said...

Looks just about exactly like my recipe. Very cute cookie cutters....we still have our green Christmas dough out....