Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Creek'n Fun!

Two things I love to hear is cheap, free, and fun activities for the kids. I decided it would be fun to take the kids to the creek by Bella Vista Walking Trail with some friends. I'm sorry Emily wasn't able to join us but hopefully she will be able to make next time. The kids had sooo much fun.
I still can't believe I have never taken the kids to the creek to play in. I never realized how much fun it is to play in the creek. The water at first was icy cold. It didn't take to long before the heat started to really heat up and the water felt refreshing.
The immediately decided to go look for Crawdads! I decided to join in the search with the kids. Violet decided to grab the camera and snap a few shots of me trying to catch a crawdad. She thought I was nuts trying to catch them with my hands. I finally decided an empty bucket would work better. We finally managed to catch two Crawdads. The kids went crazy. The kids spent a long time trying to catch baby crawdads and minniows.
Logan and Aaron managed to make their own fishing poles. They didn't catch anything but it was so cute watching the kids trying to fish.
So, if you're looking for something to do this summer that's free and fun. Check out the creek. I'm thinking we might try to go again in two weeks.


It was just like being a kid again trying to catch Crawdads with all the kids.
I even had a Crawdad pinch my foot but I didn't give up!
Ta-dah! Crawdad! Gross but fun to catch!
Here are the toddlers trying to fish together!
Here's Dallin having fun shooting water in the air!
Almost done! The kids were starting to get really hungry!

Group picture! We tried to get the kids to flex their muscles but Dallin was the only one willing to. The kids were beat and ready to go home!

No comments: