Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Yellow Watermelon

I decided to play a trick on the kids. After shopping at Walmart, I decided to stop at the state line to pick up a fresh watermelon from South Texas. The guy selling melons had a try a slice of yellow watermelon. I was really surprised how good and sweet the yellow watermelon tasted compared to red watermelons. To be totally honest, I had never heard of yellow watermelon. I decided at the last second to get a yellow watermelon.
I didn't tell Leroy about my surprised. You should of seen the looks on the kids faces. Landon was really grossed out about it. He thought the melon looked orange.
Yellow or Orange? Logan had to get up close to check out the yellow melon!
Look at Leah's face! Priceless!
Yummy! The yellow watermelon contents less sugar than red!

How to make a Watermelon Smoothie!

Watermelon Smoothies

6 c. coarsely chopped seedless watermelon

1 c. lemon or pineapple sherbet

12 ice cubes

Place half of the watermelon in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add half of the sherbet and ice; cover and process until smooth. Repeat. Serve immediately in chilled glasses.Yield: 6 servings
 

No comments: