Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Homemade Playdoh

The neighbor kids have left to spend the next two weeks in Texas visiting their grandparents. Which means my kids have no one to play with. They decided they wanted to play with play-doh this afternoon! Leah was so cute! I found her at the table signing "Happy Birthday" to herself. Don't ya, just love the glasses. I decided it would be a good time to make a couple batches of play-doh. Now, that the neighbor kids are gone. The kids need something to do to pass the time.


This is my famous play-doh recipe! I have been using it for the past couple of years. It's awesome! The play-doh feels great and soft. I'm not sure where I found this recipe but I have tweet it over the years. The kids love it and its some much more economical than buying store bought play-doh plus no chemicals.

Lara's Homemade Playdoh

2 C. Flour

1 C. Salt

4 Tsp. Cream of Tarter

2 C. Water

2 Tbps Canola Oil

Food coloring or Kool Aid Mixes
Combined all ingredients and cook over medium heat. Stir constantly until soft, lumpy balls forms. Dump onto a floured counter top. The dough will be slightly sticky to touch and lumpy. You will need to add about 1/2 c. more flour. Knead the dough until get a soft and smooth feeling play-doh. Play-doh will last for months in ziplock bags!

Photo Directions:

Mix all the ingredients in one pot and makes for a fast clean up!
Just out of the pot! Be careful! It's hot and needs to cool off but don't let it sit too long on the counter just a few minutes!

Kneading the dough!
Final product!

No comments: