Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Read Aloud Books

I decided to do something different this year. I decided to start reading chapter books to my children. We started off by reading Farmer Boy. Every Afternoon, we would sit around the kitchen table and drink chocolate milk while I read to the boys. They loved it. They couldn't get enough of it. So, we started with Farmer Boy and just finished Elmer and The Dragon. This has been the best year! I personally, never read a book except for a school assignment. This was my first time reading any of these books. I feel sorry for myself all the time. I missed out so much. This next year we are going to be reading the rest of the Laura Wilder Ingalls series. I'm not sure what other books we will read. Oh, my sister Barbara suggested we read "Matlida" next. So, I'm hoping to read to my kids a whole new selection of books.

Farmer Boy
Little House in the Big Woods
BFG
Willie Wonka and The Chocolate Factory
Spiderwick
Charlotte's Web
Stewart Little
The trumphet of the swan
My Father's Dragon
Elmer and The Dragon
Ralph S. Mouse
The Mouse and The Motorcycle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Little House in the Big Trees sounds good.