Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Great Quote

The time we have with our children is precious. I'm always amazed how much time can be wasted by watching TV. Last night, my hubby and I were at a crossroad. He wanted to watch a movie and I didn't. He decided to turn it off and go to bed early. I ended up spending some precious time with the children reading books and snuggling together. Reading books is much more productive than veggie out infront of the tv. I came across this great qoute from Gordon B. Hinckley. I hope you all find inspriation to watch less tv and focus more of using our time wisely.
"I decry the great waste of time that people put into watching inane television...I believe their lives would be enriched if, instead of sitting on the sofa and watching a game that will be forgotten tomorrow, they would read and think and ponder...You need time to meditate and ponder, to think, to wonder at the great plan of happiness that the Lord has outlined for His children. You need time to read. You need to read the scriptures. You need to read good literature. You need to partake of the great culture which is available to all of us." Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments: