Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bragging Moment

When I picked up Logan from Preschool today. His teacher told me that he has excellent scissors skills. She said most of the kids were terrified of the scissors. I told her that Leah can even use scissors. So, the moral of the story is its good for kids to use scissors at a young age of course with proper supervision. Logan was the only kid able to cut out his own toy soldier puppet! The teacher had to cut all of the other students paper soldier.

2 comments:

Aunt Suzi Quilts said...

I, too, believe that starting early with scissors is so important. Last year I was amazed to see the difference in the kids in our preschool co-op who had never used scissors, and those who had since they were 1 yo. Thanks for sharing this.
Suzanne

Mozi Esme said...

Yeah! I just started Esme (19 months) on scissors last week, and she loves it! Of course she needs help to hold the paper, but we're making progress...