Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thinking Outside The Box

I'm constantly having to think outside the box in terms of finding different ways of teaching him his ABC's. A couple of weeks ago I picked up a plastic clothes line and clothes pins. We sent up the line up in the family room. I just wrote the letters of the alphabet on the each clothes pin. I decided to make this into a matching gaming. He had to match the letter (flashcards) with the correct letter clothes pin. I decided to let the kids just play with the clothes pins. Leah and Logan really liked this part of the activity. I finally decided it was to hard to read the letters off the clothes pins so I took them all down. He started to match the cards with the correct clothes pins. I was really shocked he was able to identify a couple of letters. He was able to identify the letter "B" and he was able to make the correct sound for the the letter "B". Logan can't wait for his big brother to get home from school so they can do the activity together.

2 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

yes that is sucha great way to learn the alphabet! a fun learning one is to clothespin a lunch sack on to the line with a number on it and have them put them in order and add that number of pom poms!

Lara said...

Great Idea!