Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tooth Fairy

Before going to bed last night we read "You Think It's Easy Being The Tooth Fairy?" by Sheri Bell-Rehwoldt. Super cute book about the tooth fairy and it was very well done. The kids just loved it. The book talked a lot about the importance of the placement of the tooth. So, Landon was all set for the tooth fairy to come.

After, he had fallen asleep: I sent into his room to play the tooth fairy. In the book the tooth fairy said to leave the tooth beneath the lower right-hand corner of the pillow. I thought I would find it there but it wasn't. I was really worried I was going to wait him up. He had placed the tooth right under the pillow in the middle. Luckily, he rolled over to his side and I grabbed his tooth. I placed two quarters and called it a night.

The next morning he came running into my room to tell me the tooth fairy came and left him two quarters. He said he found one of the quarters under his pillow and the other one under his blanket. He was so happy. Later on this morning we were all doing our Saturday morning chores. He ended up finding a quarter laying under the cabinet. He came running to show me his latest find. He told me the tooth fairy's wand must of gone crazy. I didn't have the heart to correct him but I thought it was so cute.

I'm so glad he still believes in the tooth fairy. One of his closest friends told him a couple weeks ago that the tooth fairy wasn't real. I'm really glad he didn't believe her. Little kids are growing up way too fast. Landon was really didn't want to take this picture. He really was excited about the tooth fairy coming to our house last night!

1 comment:

Mozi Esme said...

How cute!

And I don't understand why our kids don't want to just model for us on command! I get that look fairly often, though usually it involves a refusal to hold what I'm trying to get her to hold!