Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Old McDonald's Farm

The first time in months, I decided to lay down and take a nap. I must of been sleeping for a good 10-15 minutes when the phone rang. One of my really good friends from church called to chat. I couldn't believe it. Oh, that would be my luck. We ended up chatting for a good hour on the phone. Well, I came out of the bedroom and Logan was building a ranch on the living room floor. This is the one thing I love about my son. He can enterian himself for hours. I decided to turn it into a quick lesson. I just took each animal and had the kids repeat its name and sound. Leah was able to identify two animals: Sheep and Doggie. She even farther amazed me by able to make the cow sound MOOOO! Afterwards, I decided to pop in a dvd on farm animals for the kids watch while I prepare dinner. Leah started to sing along to the Old Mcdonald song.She's growing up way to fast. She will be turning 2 in a couple of weeks.

Logan is getting really good about paying attention to small details. He has all the animals lined up nicely in a straight row.
Logan built a log cabin for the farmer. He had placed a plastic cowboy inside and surrounded the outside with farm animals.
Logan allowed Leah to help him set up some of the animals. Surprisely, the played rather nice together.
Baby Einstein Video "Baby MacDonald-A Day On The Farm"! Logan's obessed with cutting paper. He kinda looks like Edward Scissorhands.

2 comments:

jojoebi-designs said...

Hi,
thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment, the great thing about this comment love is finding loads of cute new blogs to read :o)

Mozi Esme said...

What a great entertainer! It really looks like they're having a wonderful time together! And kudos for making an educational moment out of it!