Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Knit 1, Purl 2...

What's a girl to do...when the kids are out of school all week due to poor weather conditions. Knit up a new scarf for the kiddos. Okay, I only knitted one scarf which will probably lead to lots of fights over who gets to wear it. The pattern isn't to hard but I would rank it a little bit challenging but not to hard. I had a bunch of left over cotton yarn and decided to whip up this little scarf it only took me a few days. I mostly knit while watching a movie. I came across on Youtube "Little Dorrit"...It's 14 episode long and worth every moment. The ending is so good. I'm really thinking about reading the book but I'm already trying to read three other books at the moment. So, instead of just staring at the computer screen...I was busy knitting...no guilt. So, what do you think about the scarf?




Ripple Stitch Scarf



Instructions for Ripple Stitch Scarf:
1. Cast on 14 stitches.
2. Work in Ripple Stitch pattern (below) for 60 inches.
3. Bind off in pattern.
4. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
Ripple Stitch:
Row one: Knit 6, *purl 2, knit 6.
Row two: Knit 1, *purl 4, knit 4, purl 4, knit 1.
Row three: Purl 2, *knit 2, purl 2. Repeat from * across.
Row four: Purl 1, *knit 4, purl 4, knit 4, purl 1.
Row five: Knit 2, *purl 2, knit 6, purl 2, knit 2.
Row six: Purl 6, *knit 2, purl 6.
Row seven: Repeat row 4.
Row eight: Knit 2, *purl 2, knit 2. Repeat from * across.
Row nine: Repeat row 2.
Row ten: Purl 2, knit 2, purl 6, knit 2, purl 2.

No comments: