Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Come Join The Club!

Yep, I'm starting up my own birding club for children of all ages!

I'm going to call the group "Bella Vista Birding Club" open to all ages young or old!
This past weekend we were able to take part in the Great Backyard Bird Count!
The neighbor kids joined in the fun and loved learning all about our backyard birds.
I took all the boys down to Lake Bella Vista to try to identify waterfowl!
I brought my trusty pocket size bird book to help the kids and myself identify all the birds.
Aaron thought he saw a bold eagle which I knew was wrong. I haven't seen any eagles at Lake Bella Vista in almost 3 years! Any way, its a lot of fun! The boys loved.

We ended up feeding the snow geese and Canadian geese at the lake.
I know its against the rules but oh well! Those birds are aggressive. The boys ended up climbing on top of the picnic table to feed the birds. I ended up taking off for the van. They were starting to even frighten me.
So, on Monday, I took the kids to Tanyard Creek to watch for some more birds.
I'm going to take the kids Lake Ann on Saturday to watch for some more birds.
So, if your interested. Let me know. It's a lot of fun!


Damaged dam currently out of commission:(

Searching for waterfowl
See the gate! It keeps everyone from crossing the dam which I just hate!

If you see these waterfowl in the background. I can't figure out what type of bird they are? Any ideas? It's not in my bird book.

Wow, these birds are aggressive!

Snow Geese and Canadian Geese



No comments: