Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday



On my bedside table:

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs-I just picked up this book and I can't wait to read it!
All Things Bright and Beautiful by James Herriot

On my TV:

Secret Garden

On the menu for tonight:
Italian Sausage Spaghetti sauce, angel hair pasta, peas, and
Cheesy Garlic Flatbread!

On my To Do list:

Clean out the kitty litter box
Clean up the sun room and donate old toys
Clean out the kitchen cabinets
Work out using my new weights and ad roller! Trying to tone up my body!

New Recipe I tried last week:
This recipe is awesome
Chicken and Yellow Rice ! It's super easy and delicious. All three kids loved it and so did my hubby which is really hard to please everyone at the dinner table. Also, from start to finish in about 40 minutes!

In the craft basket:

I'm working on making a newborn knitting hat! I have another baby shower to attend next week. I'm now afraid the hat might be too small hope her baby has a small head. I might just make another hat but in a bigger size. I using some really fun fuzzy yarn for this hat. Also, I just finished making myself a really cool scarf!

Looking forward to:

I'm trying to make my own laundry soap. I can't seem to find one of the key ingredients called Washing Soda! I already checked Walmart but they don't carry it. I might have to order it online:(

Homemaking Tip for this week:

I just felled in love with a new product called press'n seal! I wrapped a head of lettuce with this stuff and a couple of days later, I pulled out the head of lettuce out of the wrap and it was still sooooo fresh! Loved it! So, if you want your head of lettuce to last longer just wrap it up with some press'n seal wrap!

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):

The family homestead website is awesome. Check out this post about making your own laundry soap,
click here!

Favorite photo from last week:


Lesson learned the past few days:


I learned to be grateful that I have a wonderful hubby that's constantly helping other people. I need to not be so jealous of his time away from me. My guy is really good about servicing others. It's not always easy having him spending a lot of time working on cars or working on computers but I know our family will be blessed!


On my Prayer List:

My Hubby
My Children
My Family
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses Key Verse:

Jesus said, “If your first concern is to look after yourself, you’ll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you’ll find both yourself and me.”Matthew 10:39


If you want to join in click on this link: Happy Homemaker Monday

1 comment:

Kerri said...

i use that press and seal stuff constantly. I wont go back to normal cling wrap!